In 2014, the chILD Foundation is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Looking back over our first 10 years, the foundation and the chILD Research Network have accomplished many milestones. However, we are just beginning to scratch the surface of our understanding of the chILD disorders. The next few years are critical to the growth of the foundation. We have a well-developed research network that is poised to begin a comprehensive plan for studying various chILD syndromes. The chILD Foundation needs to grow and develop the infrastructure to raise funds to support this research, increase awareness, and to accomplish our mission.
Traditionally, we have had a working board and relied on the work of dedicated volunteers. In the near future, we will be transitioning to a paid staff and our board roles are changing to an oversight and fundraising board. We need a diverse group of experienced board members to help us during this critical time.
Board members of this organization are expected to…
- Govern and manage the business of the organization
- Attend monthly to quarterly meetings by phone (or computer)
- Attend at least one face to face board meeting per year
- Serve on at least one committee
- Devote a substantial amount of time to the affairs of the Foundation
- Serve at least one term of three years
- Attend the annual conference or one fundraising event
- Review activities with board president through self-evaluation
If you are interested in joining the board, please contact us at email@example.com